Sorry for the delay! Here is the fantastic Zucchini Pancake recipe that Chef Gregg Brackman from G Bar & Kitchen cooked up at the market last week.
Zucchini Pancakes (makes about 8 cakes)
Wine Pairing: Oaked Chardonnay or Pinot Noir
3 Zucchini Grated (water squeezed out)
1 tbsp baking powder
Onion Powder to taste
Kosher Salt and Ground Pepper to taste
½ Cup All purpose Flour
2 cups canola oil for frying
1. Grate zucchini on a cheese grater and squeeze out as much water as you can (I like to use a hand press potato ricer)
2. Place zucchini, onion powder, baking powder, eggs, salt and pepper and mix evenly.
3. Add flour (not all at once) and distribute evenly.. use a tablespoon to drop cakes into hot oil.
4. Form cakes (I like to make silver dollar size) and bring to stove
5. Place large sauté pan on stove on med-hi heat with oil
6. Pan Fry 4 cakes at a time. Don’t over crowd pan, because you need room to flip.
7. Cook until golden brown on each side (out 3-5 minutes over medium high heat)
8. Enjoy with sour cream, Greek yogurt, hot sauce, applesauce…whatever you might eat with potato.
These can be cooked ahead of time an reheated in the oven