Pick up some peas, garlic & onions next week at the Farmer’s Market and give this recipe a try, it’s a healthier take on creamy fettucine alfredo.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh peas (shelled)
- 10oz cauliflower
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (plus more for serving)
1. In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
2. Add the peas, cauliflower and broth and bring to a boil. When it reaches a boil reduce to a simmer and cook for another 10 minutes.
3. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth & creamy. Return to the pan and stir in parmesan cheese and season with salt & pepper to taste. Toss with your favorite pasta and serve with extra parmesan cheese.