Hopefully you rescued all of those leafy greens last weekend from dying in the heat wave! If you like crispy salty snacks and you’ve never tried kale chips, you need to go make these. Now!
Number one, it’s easy. Number two, they’re delicious. Number three, I’m willing to bet you could eat an entire head of kale in one sitting if they’re in chip form. Simply massage the leaves in a little olive oil, season, and bake at 275 F for 20 minutes and you’ve got yourself an awesome afternoon snack.
This recipe uses cocoa & cayenne for the seasoning but you could switch it up depending on what you like. Experiment with things like parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, herbs, or nutritional yeast.
Find more recipes from Mai-Lis @ A Sunshiny Day
COCOA CAYENNE DUSTED KALE CHIPS
- 1 head curly kale (washed & dried thoroughly)
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- cocoa powder
- cayenne pepper powder
- coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
- Preheat oven to 275 F.
- Remove the ribs from the kale and cut or rip into small pieces.
- Toss Kale in olive oil and massage with your hands until all of the leaves are lightly coated.
- Spread leaves in a single layer on a baking sheet. Season well with salt, cocoa powder, coconut sugar & a LITTLE cayenne. A little goes a long way so go light with it or you’ll blow your head off.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light & crispy.